Sunday, January 4, 2009

Economic Stimulus - from anisotropic.us

With all the talk in Washington about a 'job stimulus' plan, I'd like to offer mine. I would offer a tax credit to all small businesses who hire new employees in 2009. Specifically, I would provide a 50% matching tax credit of up to $250,000 for every dollar in salary or wages paid to new employees hired in 2009. I would set the expiration for this at 2 years, with an option to renew or alter it as needed at that time; a hard expiration limit would be set at 4 years.

We don't need taxes at the moment, we need jobs....and, if we create jobs, the taxes and the economy will begin to take care of themselves. Additionally, small business credits will encourage growth everywhere and in all sectors of the economy.

Do you agree? Disagree? Have a better idea? I'd love to hear your thoughts (and so would your Congressional delegation ;) ) Just click discussions and chime in!

No comments: